18 July 2008

Coming Out of the Closet

OK - maybe a bad title.

But then again, Kate used to tell me that I had the makings of a proper gay man except for the shoes...I'm pretty sure she meant it as a compliment.

Anyway...

I've been putting off saying anything for several months for fear of jinxing it, but I reckon it's time to say something about a long awaited arrival - Soma Games.





We unquestionably lost some significant momentum back at the beginning of the year when everything went nuke-u-ler up here, but once I got back on the horse things really started coming together. Soma has now taken on a partner, my friend David from BCNW, and we're now going to appear at the Christian Game Developers Conference. We are in conversations with several folks with the checkbooks to underwrite the whole thing and everything has a certain air of inevitability about it. Now I don't want to make that same mistake Hillary did and coast, there is still a lot of work to do, but it sure feels like the goal to make video games is now a matter of time.



One of the coolest things has been getting some real life concept art done for the games. Let me share some of it with you...



This is for The Race, our MMORPG. These were both made by our friend Devin





These are for our spy game, Dark Glass, provided by Chris Breithaupt





Finally, and not at all the least, is the fantastic design work being done by Paul Bryant at Design Point.



There is still a lot to share, but I at least wanted to get this stuff out there. I'm so freaking excited I feel like I'm gonna wet myself.

No comments: